Morning tea claim five life in Baran, Rajasthan

Five member of a tribal family died after taking Morning tea in Baran district of Rajasthan on Thursday. Five of them died and the other five are still unconscious, police said. Police suspect the tea was spurious, leading to the deaths. However, it is yet to be ascertained what made it poisonous. According to police, the incident took place in Koyala village in Baran district, some 300 km from Jaipur. The dead included a five-year-old girl, a police officer said. The five who survived are in serious condition..The SP said a forensic examination of the spot was conducted. "Samples of the tea and the utensils have been seized. There is no apparent reason what led to the deaths. However, it might be possible that the family members mistakenly used pesticide while preparing tea as both look identical. It is also possible that the pot in which tea was prepared was earlier used to store pesticide," she added. The officer said police are also looking into the possibility of the tea being spurious or adulterated. Meanwhile postmortam report says reason of death is Poison, but exact kind is poison will be known after FSL test. Sample has been sent for forensic check and police is investigating the case.