Fire breaks in Secretariat building in Jaipur

A major fire broke out in the Rajasthan government's secretariat building here Saturday morning, police said. No casualty was reported, but many documents and computers were charred. "Around 8 a.m., security guards at the secretariat saw smoke coming out from the first floor of the northern end of the main building. They called the fire brigade, and four tenders took around half-an-hour to contain the fire," a police officer told IANS. There was no casualty as it was a holiday.
Police said the maximum damage occurred in one room of the protocol section of the general administration department (GAD), where documents and other equipment, including computers and furniture, were reduced to ashes. "The cause of the fire is believed to be a short circuit in the cooling plant. However, we are investigating the matter," he added.