Four child burnt to death in Bharatpur

In a tragic incident, four children were burnt to death in their sleep when their hut caught fire from a kerosene lamp kept in the house in Kumher area in Bhartapur district on Wednesday. The incident occurred in the house of one Ganpat Pragawat who was away in a hospital attending to his wife. He left the care of their children to his brother Mahesh. At around 10.30 pm, the hut caught fire. The children came to know of it very late and raised an alarm. However, by the time Mahesh and villagers came to the rescue of the children, it was very late. Mahesh made a vain attempt to enter the burning house and suffered burn injuries. The four children --Chanchal (10), Chandini (8) Kanish (4) and Preetam (6) - - were sleeping in the house. By the time the police and the fire brigade reached the spot and extinguished the fire, the children were already dead. The bodies were handed over to the relatives after postmortem on Thursday morning.